It has been great to see the concerted response by Bangkok shopping centers to the addition of bicycle parking areas at Seacon Bangkae and Central World shopping malls in Bangkok. The most recent response has been from the Siam Discovery shopping mall in Bangkok’s Pathum Wan district.
Siam Discovery is just one of Bangkok’s many shopping malls, but its central location in the city and its close proximity to National Stadium, MBK Mall, Lumphini Park, and BTS Skytrain stations Siam, Chit Lom, and Ratchadamri makes it particularly useful for cyclists visiting this bustling area of the city.
The new parking area at Siam Discovery is complete with a full time security guard.
We applaud Siam Discovery shopping center for creating a designated bicycle parking area that will allow cyclist customers and mall employees the same level of security and peace of mind afforded to those patrons who arrive in automobiles.
Rules and regulations of the Siam Discovery bicycle parking area:
- Open from 10:00am until 10:00pm. Please remove your bicycle by 9:30pm (2130).
- Return bicycle parking ticket to security guard personnel when removing bicycle.
- Check your belongings before departing parking area.
- In the case of lost bicycle parking ticket you must be able to prove ownership of bicycle you intend to remove (photo of you with the bicycle would be good).
- Siam Discovery accepts no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- The bicycle parking area is free of charge.
Thanks go to Nonlany Ung for the photos of the new bicycle parking area at Siam Discovery. Nonlany is a massive force behind many of Bangkok’s bicycle advocacy projects and initiatives. If you visit Cafe Velo Dome at Tha Phrachan Campus of Thammasat University, there is a good chance that you will run into Nonlany.