Event: Downhill Meeting (or DH informal race)
Practice & Seeding run date: Sat 20th October
Practice & Final run date: Sun 21st October
Venue: Mae-On, Chiang Mai province, Thailand
Accommodation: There are plenty of accommodation options in Chiang Mai city or contact X-Biking to inquire about lodging at the hot springs 5 km distance from the DH race trail
More details can be found on the the Events Calendar listing at BicycleThailand.com/events
Note: Tuesday 23rd October is a Thai public holiday. If you take leave on Monday 22nd October, you can make it a long weekend of Downhill fun!
Steve Peat has agreed to conduct a RACE CLINIC on Tuesday October 23rd (Thai public holiday)!
In his capacity of founder of the SPS (Steve Peat Syndicate), he has a track record in teaching skills courses to DH racers in the UK and he has agreed to hold a race clinic here in Chiangmai while he’s in town for the Chiangmai Downhill Challenge. If you’re a DH racer, this is a unique opportunity that’s not to be missed!
– aimed at DH racers, preferably elite level. We are aware that we will get applications from riders we don’t know, or don’t know very well, so we’re asking you to be honest about your skill level: this course is for racers only. If you just want to ride with Steve Peat, please join us on Friday 19th or Wednesday 24th (we will be riding Doi Suthep/Doi Pui on both those days)
– price: [ToBeConfirmed] per rider, including transport to and from the venue, lunch, soft drinks, supporting staff, drivers+trucks for shuttle service.
– maximum 10 participants
– places will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis
– the course will take place in the morning and will take half a day. Break for lunch and then ride/practice in the afternoon so the racers will have chance to try it out what they learn from Peaty.
– if we have a number of Thai racers with only basic English languages skills, we will try to provide language support
– venue: we’ll let Steve Peat decide on the venue, but it will probably be either the race track of the Chiang Mai Downhill Challenge, or one of the DH trails on Doi Pui
If you’re interested in participating in the Downhill Meeting on Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st October, or taking the Downhill Race Clinic course on Tuesday 23rd October, or you’re just looking for more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org