On the 1st of August, 2016, Bangkok’s BTS stations will allow bicycles on the trains which are not folding bicycles, during the times listed below:
Morning time from 06:00-06:30 am and evening time from 10:00 pm – close hours
Saturday-Sunday and public holidays
Morning time from 06:00-09:00 am and evening time from 10:00 pm – close hours
**Folding bicycles are allowed on BTS stations at all times**
(For all passengers who travel with bicycles please contact staff at ticket office for using the priority door)
- Do not ride bicycles on the train.
- Be careful while bringing bicycles onto the train not to disturb other passengers or damage any equipment on the BTS stations.
- Do not put bicycles where they will obstruct other passengers.
- Do not separate bicycle parts or fix bicycle on the train.
How to bring bicycles onto the BTS stations
- Bicycles must be clean
- Store bicycles neatly (only folding bicycles)
Walking up the stairs and walking down the stairs
- Walk up and down the stairs on the right side
Entering and exiting automatic doors
- Put bicycles in front of the priority door (next to ticket office)
- Put ticket through the automatic door
- Enter through automatic door
- Contact staff at ticket office or security guard
- Enter with bicycle through priority door
Getting onto the train
- Stand behind yellow line between carriages and hold bicycles at all time.
- Let other passengers get out of the train first, then bring bicycle to the area where the 2 carriages join. Stay with your bicycle until you wish to exit.
- Do not obstruct other passengers with your bicycle and always hold bicycle at all times.
AJ NEUPANE says
Give me a break!!! Only from 6-630 in the morning at after 10 at night!!!! Are you kidding me??? Just ban it then!!!
Without adding much resources you can run these trains smoother in peak hours and have room for bycylists too
– run trains on time
– add extra car to utilize the full length of stations they are designed to
– reduce the crowd and cue at entrance by having ticket gal not issue only the coins (then having to queue up again for the card) but have her issue the ticket also.
– add bill operated (not only coin operated) ticket machines
– make machines take 2 bhat coins too (tourists figure it out only after 5 minutes of frustration with th machines)
I Agree that from 6 to 6,30 during week days is ridiculous and useless. Should extend to other timings after peak hours too after employees arrived at office between 10:00 and 12:00 am for example or in afternoon before office closing time 2:00 to 3:00 pm.
Also to help decrease car traffic and pollution in the city as well form I the drivers the perception that bicycles exist and need to be considered traveling on the roads.
Come on guys, you are asking Thais to be logical… Are you guys okay?