Grasshopper Adventures – Celebrating 15 years of cycling Asia
Join Grasshopper Adventures’ anniversary trip this November on their most innovative tour: Thailand Bike, Boat & Beach!
Grasshopper Adventures, the Leader in Asia Bike Tours is marking their 15th Anniversary with a celebratory Bike, Boat & Beach Thailand tour, hosted by company CEO, Adam Platt-Hepworth and tour design virtuoso, Steve Grace, the mastermind of the Bike & Boat tour range.
This is a new tour for the company, but one that takes place in Thailand, where it all started. Back in 2004, in a traditional wooden Bangkok house, Grasshopper Adventures was born and Kanchanaburi was an early area of interest for the team as they sought out the stories and geography that would go on to shape the iconic trips that the company now offers.
The New Bike & Boat Range
Grasshopper Adventures launched the market-first product range of Bike & Boat tours in 2018 with the Mekong Bike & Boat. With strong interest from their customers and immediate uptake by the media, Grasshopper have now launched an India Bike & Boat and this new, Thailand Bike, Boat & Beach.
Grasshopper CEO Adam Platt-Hepworth said of the tours, “These active river cruise trips are a game changer in our view and are making an active adventure in Asia so much more accessible and achievable for more people. The ability to unpack once and the added flexibility to choose a long ride, a short ride or to join the non-riding group for the day has been really well received by our travelers. When it came to selecting an anniversary tour, this one was a no brainer. Such a great opportunity to draw on the heritage of the company and introduce one of our newest concepts”
Special Celebratory Tour
The trip starts with a night bike exploration of Bangkok, then spends four days on the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi, the location of the Thai-Burma Railway and associated historical POW memorials and museums. The tour wraps up with three days on the beautiful, secluded island of Koh Yao near Phuket where there are some optional kayaking and walking activities.
This one-off anniversary trip runs from November 10th to 17th, 2019
The Fundamentals of the Bike & Boat tour, include:
- Daily option to join a short ride, a longer ride or the fun-filled non cycling activities
- Guest speakers on board to talk through the history, geography, culture and environment of the area
- Some of the most charming, experienced and knowledgeable guides in the business
- An authentic, varied menu, designed for an active cruise, showcasing the wonderful cuisine of Thailand
- An intimate group dynamic of maximum 18 guests aboard a classic river ship
The Special Value-Adds for the Anniversary Tour
- Free one night extension at Kho Yao Resort at the end of the trip
- A commemorative 15-year anniversary cycle jersey
- $50USD bar tab on board
- Optional pedal assist, e-bike upgrade (surcharge applies)
Early Bird Offer
Book and pay this trip before May 31st and receive a free E-Bike upgrade or free Thai cooking class.
Single travellers are welcome. Grasshopper Adventures is matching guests with another same sex single traveller or the guest can decide to pay the single supplement for a private cabin.
- Thailand Bike, Boat & Beach
8 days / 7 nights
- From USD 3’950.- per person sharing
- 1 night at the Nouvo City Hotel, Bangkok
- 3 nights on the RV River Kwai
- 3 nights at Paradise Koh Yao Resort, Island of Koh Yao (plus the extended night as part of this special tour)
For more information, visit:
or contact Sven Zika at email@example.com