This website is produced by bicycle riders, enthusiasts, and advocates currently residing in Thailand. We believe our “in country” reporting style provides our overseas readers with valuable insight while simultaneously keeping us connected to our resident readers.
We have created this website in an effort to inform and entertain the members of the cycling community, inside and outside of Thailand, who enjoy the unique experience of cycling in the Land of Smiles.
Our Three-fold Mission
- To convey information regarding all aspects of cycling from available Thai language sources to speakers/readers of the English language.
- To produce an online source of Thailand-specific cycling information that is readily available to users, whether they are long time residents or short time visitors to Thailand.
- To provide a meeting point where users may submit their own cycling related information, perspectives, and opinions for the purpose of revealing and strengthening the cycling community within Thailand.
- Discussion Forum – sign up and participate in Bicycle Thailand’s English language forum
- Latest News – catch up on the latest bicycling news articles from Thailand
- Upcoming Events – stay informed of upcoming cycling events, rides and adventure races
- Directory of Bicycle Tour Operators – for cyclists interested in touring this beautiful country
- Featured Tour Companies – get to know more about bicycle tour companies in Thailand
- Directory of Bicycle Shops – bicycle shop locations listed by Thailand province
- Featured Bike Shops – read about specific bicycle shops around Thailand
- Clubs and Links page – some of Thailand’s great cycling clubs and organizations
- Bicycle Maintenance – bicycle maintenance procedures and local tricks of the trade
- How To – useful information to help you enjoy every bicycling opportunity
- Your Reader Mail – submit information and help strengthen the cycling community
- Online Store – order cycling apparel and products online
- Detailed Ride Maps – download gps files (.gdb and .gpx) of bicycle rides in Thailand
The privacy of our visitors to is important to us. We recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit our site, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
- Log Files. As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
- Email Address. This is a free content site. We do not require any information from you (not even a user name or password). We do not sell any information from our site to any outside party. The only e-mail sent from our websites is in response to an inquiry that you may send us or as a result of joining our newsletter. If anything comes to your attention which could potentially be a violation of this policy, please let us know immediately so that we can investigate it and try to correct it.
- Third party advertisements. We also use third party advertisements to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites). You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Ulysses N. Owen – Editor / News – email@example.com
- Siva ‘Yo’ Kokanot – Events (Thai) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Robin (T.R.) Ingles – Events (English) – email@example.com
- Mike Hammers – Bike Tours – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ed Vato – Bike Shops – email@example.com
- “The Wrench” – Maintenance – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Shady – Reader Mail – email@example.com
- Fon Rojvithee – Online Shop – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Hamon – Web Designer